Felicia Gill- Career Advisor at Calhoun Community College part 1 of 5

Felicia Gill, mother of one son, Lawrence and his wife Kraneisha, two grandsons, Lawrence Jr., Andrew, and one on the way. Unlike the other family members that have presented their careers, my career is what I refer to as “Planned Happenstance”. Being a fighter since birth, I have had to persevere my way through, making something from nothing. I am grateful for this opportunity to share with the family my career path, and how I got where I am today, by Happenstance.  


Currently, I serve as Career Advisor at Calhoun Community College- Decatur campus. As some may already know, I served as an Academic Advisor and Director of the Rosa J. Young Center for Women at Concordia College Alabama, as well as served as a representative for Concordia in various capacities. This however was not a career path I chose. The career path chose me. 

I want to refrain from saying I was a late bloomer, but rather choose to think that I had to get to the place where I stumbled upon my purpose. My humble beginning with college began with a threat from my parents. I had to choose to go to college or get a job. I didn’t want to do either, but the best way out of my mom’s house was to go to college. I didn’t prepare for college either, but my first college experience was at Alabama A & M University. I was academically withdrawn from Alabama A & M due to being a health risk to the institution. I was brought home to immediately have a major hip surgery. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Step 2a: The reason your debt snowball isn't working part 1

Felicia Gill Bio- Career Advisor at Calhoun Community College part 5 of 5

Chauncey Turman - Career Biography part 1 of 2